Below you can find the calendar showing all our public Online Classes. If you want to search for a specific keyword (like “Syrian” or “Vegetarian”, you can use the following search bar and click on “Find Events”.
- This event has passed.
Ecuadorean Cookery Class with Leonor | Station Style | LONDON
June 12 @ 11:45 am - 2:15 pm
Nothing beats a home-cooked meal shared with family! And this is what inspires our Family Style Cookery Classes, a fun, laid-back homestyle cooking experience. Here, you will learn to prepare different dishes and then enjoy them with people who, like you, fuel our mission of supporting refugee and migrant chefs on their journey to integration. It’s a cookery class with a conscience, like they say!
At our Family Style Cookery Classes, you will be grouped with other participants and prepare dishes together as a team. Think of Leonor as the head of the family! She will take care of dividing the class into groups, and each group will be responsible for creating one of the dishes. Of course, you are welcome and encouraged to move around during the class to learn about the other dishes being prepared. Throughout the evening, Chef Leonor will share stories about their food and culture, and explain how to prepare each of the dishes so you come away with some new cooking tricks and inspiration from Ecuador. You will also be emailed the recipes after the class.
A sample menu of the dishes that will be taught include:
- Arroz Revuelto (Scrambled Rice)
- Locro (Potato and Cheese Soup)
- Tortilla Vegetariana (Vegetable Omelette)
- Ceviche De Camaron (Shrimp Ceviche)
- Ensebollado (Tuna and Yam Stew)
This menu contains fish and shellfish. Allergens include: eggs, milk, shellfish, fish, mustard.
Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements so our team is aware ahead of the class but kindly note that we will not be substituting any ingredients to accommodate dietary needs so please only book into classes that suit your dietary preferences and needs. Please see our Food and Allergen Policy when booking into the class for more information.
A message from our Chef Leonor:
“My name is Leonor and I am from Ecuador. I came to London 7 years ago. All my friends and family know me for being a wonderful cook. I am a kind and hard working person and I enjoy meeting new people and experiencing new things. I love Ecuadorian food. Migrateful is a very important way for me to build my confidence. My heart beats every time someone speaks English to me in the street. This is why Migrateful is so important for me because it’s a chance for me to get over my fear of speaking English. Leading a cookery class feels like a real challenge because of having to be able to communicate in English – but I am excited about this challenge and excited to teach you my Ecuadorian recipes.”
We’re excited to have you in the class! Please take note of a few final reminders:
- We sell Migrateful aprons that you can purchase either when booking your ticket (pick it up at the event) or before the cookery class starts at the venue. Please note we only accept card payments.
- We will send you a reminder email 3 days before the class takes place that will include our In-Person Class COVID-19 Policy. You can also find more information on our website and social media pages.
- This small-scale class for 16 participants is not socially distanced. For those seeking a Covid-secure cookery class, please see our events online.
- Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot in a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
- We only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.