Below you’ll find all the details for this event. If our site isn’t behaving the way it should, you can book online classes here or you can book in-person classes here.
- This event has passed.
Iranian Cookery Class with Parastoo | Family Style | LONDON
June 10, 2022 @ 6:15 pm - 8:45 pm
Nothing beats a home-cooked meal shared with family! And this is what inspires our Family Style Cookery Classes, a fun, laid-back homestyle cooking experience. Here, you will learn to prepare different dishes and then enjoy them with people who, like you, fuel our mission of supporting refugee and migrant chefs on their journey to integration. It’s a cookery class with a conscience, like they say!
Your class will be led by our wonderful Chef Parastoo from Iran at All Saints Peckham .
At our Family Style Cookery Classes, you will be grouped with other participants and prepare dishes together as a team. Think of Parastoo as the head of the family! She will take care of dividing the class into groups, and each group will be responsible for creating one of the dishes. Of course, you are welcome and encouraged to move around during the class to learn about the other dishes being prepared. Throughout the evening, Chef Parastoo will share stories about their food and culture, and explain how to prepare each of the dishes so you come away with some new cooking tricks and inspiration from Iran. You will also be emailed the recipes after the class.
A sample menu of the dishes that will be taught include:
- Adas Polo (Meatballs with Spiced Rice and Lentils)
- Kashk-O Bademjan (aubergine celebratory dish)
- Masto Khiar (Cucumber Yogurt Dip)
This menu contains meat (lamb and beef) . Allergens include: nuts, milk, gluten.
Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements so our team is aware ahead of the class but kindly note that we will not be substituting any ingredients to accommodate dietary needs so please only book into classes that suit your dietary preferences and needs. Please see our Food and Allergen Policy when booking into the class for more information.
A message from our Chef Parastoo:
“My name is Parastoo. I am from Iran. I grew up in the capital city Tehran, which is a very noisy and crowded city. When I think about Tehran I think of streets full of pastry shops filled with different types of savoury sweets, which is beautifully designed in a shiny see through containers. The creamy pistachio cakes are the most popular cones that people approach to first. In Iran food is very important, not only what we eat but the quality of what we eat is actually important. It’s a way to connect and socialise with each other. You could even find people in debt who choose to spend money on good food. Iranian food is very colourful and takes attention and time to prepare. Personally I love cooking because I think its a way to express my creativity, I grew up eating my mum’s food who is very creative and bold with her cooking. I feel proud when people ask my mum to cook for big celebrations, because they know she can manage to prepare the traditional and delicious dishes.”
We’re excited to have you in the class! Please take note of a few final reminders:
- We sell Migrateful aprons that you can purchase either when booking your ticket (pick it up at the event) or before the cookery class starts at the venue. They cost £18 per apron. Please note we only accept card payments.
- We will send you a reminder email 3 days before the class takes place that will include our In-Person Class COVID-19 Policy. You can also find more information on our website and social media pages.
- This small-scale class for 12 participants is not socially distanced. For those seeking a Covid-secure cookery class, please see our events online.
- Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot in a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
- We only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.