- This event has passed.
(SOLD OUT) Syrian Cookery Class with Lina | Station Style | LONDON
October 16, 2022 @ 11:45 am - 2:45 pm
It’s our joy to welcome you to our Station Style Cookery Class, a one-of-a-kind cookery class experience where refugee and migrant chefs teach personal recipes from their home countries using traditional techniques. It’s a unique opportunity to learn and taste the world’s best, and to feed the foodie in you who loves nothing more than trying new, mouth-watering flavours and incredible-looking dishes!
At our Station Style Cookery Classes, each participant will be paired up and have their own cooking station where they will prepare all the dishes for the night. Each station will be provided with all the ingredients and equipment needed to make them. Throughout the evening, Chef Lina will share stories about their cuisine and culture, and lead the group step-by-step through their recipes. She will pause in between to answer questions, talk through special tips and techniques, and provide feedback on the dishes. Yes, you learn in the most authentic way! You will also be emailed the recipes after the class.
A sample menu of the dishes that will be taught include:
- Raz Mafalfal (Rice with Vermicelli) | Vegetarian; Gluten, Milk
- Fassuleah Kadreh (Green Bean, Tomato and Harissa Stew) | Meat (Lamb); Sulphites, Soy (in plant based mince)
- Foul Moukalla (Sautéed Broad Beans with Garlic and Coriander) |Vegetarian; Gluten, Milk
This menu contains meant. Allergens include: gluten and milk. Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements so our team is aware ahead of the class but kindly note that we will not be substituting any ingredients to accommodate dietary needs so please only book into classes that suit your dietary preferences and needs. Please see our Food and Allergen Policy when booking into the class for more information.
A message from our Chef Lina:
“My name is Lina from Syria, mother of three children, I came to the UK as a refugee in 2017 to escape the war in my country to protect my children and secure them a better future. From childhood I loved craftwork, I learned painting, sewing and knitting wool.
I learned the art of cooking from the age of fourteen. I was standing next to my grandmother and my mother and noticing how they cook, and then, as I helped my mother with the cooking, it became my favourite hobby. I spend endless hours cooking. I love it. I am obsessed with the smell of delicious food. If you know anything about Syrian food you know you are in for a treat.”
We’re excited to have you in the class! Please take note of a few final reminders:
- We sell Migrateful aprons that you can purchase either when booking your ticket (pick it up at the event) or before the cookery class starts at the venue. Please note we only accept card payments.
- We will send you a reminder email 3 days before the class takes place that will include our In-Person Class COVID-19 Policy. You can also find more information on our website and social media pages.
- This small-scale class for 16 participants is not socially distanced. For those seeking a Covid-secure cookery class, please see our events online.
- Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot in a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
- We only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.