Below you’ll find all the details for this event. If our site isn’t behaving the way it should, you can book online classes here or you can book in-person classes here.
- This event has passed.
Vegan Chinese Cookery Class with Denise | Station Style | LONDON
May 7, 2022 @ 11:45 am - 2:45 pm
It’s our joy to welcome you to our Station Style Cookery Class, a one-of-a-kind cookery class experience where refugee and migrant chefs teach personal recipes from their home countries using traditional techniques. It’s a unique opportunity to learn and taste the world’s best, and to feed the foodie in you who loves nothing more than trying new, mouth-watering flavours and incredible-looking dishes!
Your class will be taught by our wonderful Chef Denise from China at the Migrateful Cookery School!
At our Station Style Cookery Classes, each participant will be paired up and have their own cooking station where they will prepare all the dishes for the night. Each station will be provided with all the ingredients and equipment needed to make them. Throughout the evening, Chef Denise will share stories about their cuisine and culture, and lead the group step-by-step through their recipes. She will pause in between to answer questions, talk through special tips and techniques, and provide feedback on the dishes. Yes, you learn in the most authentic way! You will also be emailed the recipes after the class.
A sample menu of the dishes that will be taught include:
- Cabbage Dumplings
- Mapo Doufu
This menu is suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Allergens include: Sesame , mustard, celery, gluten, soy. Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements so our team is aware ahead of the class but kindly note that we will not be substituting any ingredients to accommodate dietary needs so please only book into classes that suit your dietary preferences and needs. Please see our Food and Allergen Policy when booking into the class for more information.
A message from our Chef Denise:
“Hello everyone! My name is Dan Hong Zheng. You can call me Denise if you like. l come from the South sea of China. My home town is very close to Taiwan. In my family, both my grandma and my father were great chefs. They taught me to cook when I was very young. I prefer seafood and all kinds of vegetables as my cooking ingredients of choice.
I submitted an asylum claim here in the UK in 2001, 19 years later I’m still waiting to get my refugee status. I am so happy that Migrateful has given me the chance to teach my traditional Chinese food.”
We’re excited to have you in the class! Please take note of a few final reminders:
- We sell Migrateful aprons that you can purchase either when booking your ticket (pick it up at the event) or before the cookery class starts at the venue. Please note we only accept card payments.
- We will send you a reminder email 3 days before the class takes place that will include our In-Person Class COVID-19 Policy. You can also find more information on our website and social media pages.
- This small-scale class for 16 participants is not socially distanced. For those seeking a Covid-secure cookery class, please see our online events.
- Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot in a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
- We only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.