The Migrateful family is growing!!
This summer we trained a brand new cohort of refugee and migrant chefs based in Canterbury, Margate and Brighton. After completing the 12 week Migrateful chef training course, they are now ready to teach.
This cookery class will be taught by the wonderful Russian chef Leon at the Wild Artisan Cafe in Brighton.
This small-scale class for 12 participants is not socially distanced.
This is a team style cookery class where we will collectively prepare 4 dishes in 2 teams. Chef Leon will divide the class into 2 groups with each one responsible for creating the dishes. You are also free to move around during the class to learn about the other dishes. Chef Leon will recap each of the dishes throughout the evening and at the end of the class so that everyone can learn about all of the dishes. You will also be emailed the recipes after the class.
A sample menu of the dishes that will be taught include:
- Shchaveloviy Borsh (Green Borch)
- Ovoshnoy Tart (Vegetable Salad ‘Cake’)
- Varenikis Gribami Kartoshkoy (Mushroom and Potato Dumplings)
Allergens include: milk, gluten, mustard, celery, eggs and sulphur dioxide. Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements!
We will also be selling our beautiful Migrateful aprons! You can purchase them when booking your ticket (pick it up at the event) or before the cookery class starts at the venue.
A message from our Chef Leon:
” Hi, I’m Leon from Russia. When I was a child, my mother and sister did all the cooking for our family and it wasn’t until I left home when I was 19 that I had to learn how to cook for myself. I already enjoyed eating food from different parts of the world and I wanted to be able to cook it for myself. I became an experimenter in the kitchen. As well as cooking, I paint and take photographs. I love art and I think cooking is a type of art – it’s really creative. Art takes its inspiration from life and so does cooking. It makes me happy to cook for other people and to give them pleasure through my food. I always ask friends to rate my food on a scale of 1-10 to get their feedback! I am very happy to be able to share some Russian “10” dishes with you in my classes.”
IN-PERSON CLASS COVID-19 POLICY UPDATE AS OF 10 DECEMBER 2021
In light of the recent developments in relation to the COVID Omicron variant, we will be implementing the following safety protocols for all our in-person classes, effective on 10 December 2021:
• All class attendees will be required to show their COVID Pass or provide a proof of negative lateral flow test.
- NHS COVID Pass – Find out how to get an NHS COVID Pass to share your vaccination details and test results
- Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result – Report your result after using a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test. Find out what your result means and what you must do.
• Wearing of masks is mandatory at all times except when eating, unless you are medically exempt.
• General safety protocols are highly encouraged such as regular hand-washing, social distancing and use of hand sanitisers.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance as always.
Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot on a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
Please note, we only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.