Atiqa will teach you some of her favourite Pakistani dishes followed by a sit down meal.
This is a family style cookery class where we will collectively prepare 3 or 4 dishes. The chef will divide the class into groups with each one responsible for creating 1 of the dishes. You are also free to move around during the class to learn about the other dishes. The chef will recap each of the dishes throughout the evening and at the end of the class so that everyone can learn about all of the dishes.
A message from our Chef Atiqa:
“Hi my name is Atiqa and I come from Pakistan. Cooking is a really important part of my life. When I cook it connects me to my mum and my country, Pakistan. For some reason, I got disconnected from my family and whenever I cook I feel like my mother is there. I learnt to cook when I came to the UK but anything I make is inspired by my countries flavours! Abbottabbad is my city in the north of Pakistan. It’s a big city with lots of tourists. It borders Afghanistan. My food and the way I dress shares many features of Afghan food and dress.”
Atiqa will be teaching you the following dishes:
- Chickpea curry
- Spinach and Potato Sag Aloo
- Stuffed Parrata
- Mango Chutney
- Vegetable Biryani
*For security reasons a different name and picture has been used to protect the chef’s identity*
IN-PERSON CLASS COVID-19 POLICY UPDATE AS OF 10 DECEMBER 2021
In light of the recent developments in relation to the COVID Omicron variant, we will be implementing the following safety protocols for all our in-person classes, effective on 10 December 2021:
• All class attendees will be required to show their COVID Pass or provide a proof of negative lateral flow test.
- NHS COVID Pass – Find out how to get an NHS COVID Pass to share your vaccination details and test results
- Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result – Report your result after using a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test. Find out what your result means and what you must do.
• Wearing of masks is mandatory at all times except when eating, unless you are medically exempt.• General safety protocols are highly encouraged such as regular hand-washing, social distancing and use of hand sanitisers.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance as always.
Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot on a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
Please note, we only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.