The Migrateful family is growing!!
This summer we trained a brand new cohort of refugee and migrant chefs based in Canterbury, Margate and Brighton. After completing the 12 week Migrateful chef training course, they are now ready to teach.
This cookery class will be taught by the wonderful Venezuelan chef Rosa at the St Martin and St Pauls Parish Centre in Canterbury, Kent.
This small-scale class for 12 participants is not socially distanced.
This is a team style cookery class where we will collectively prepare 4 dishes in 2 teams. Chef Amanee will divide the class into 2 groups with each one responsible for creating the dishes. You are also free to move around during the class to learn about the other dishes. Chef Amanee will recap each of the dishes throughout the evening and at the end of the class so that everyone can learn about all of the dishes. You will also be emailed the recipes after the class.
A sample menu of the dishes that will be taught include:
- Salaat Jardin (Garden Salad)
- Tagine Bilhummus (Chickpea Tagine)
- Lamb Tagine
- Zaaluk (Roasted aubergine and red pepper)
- Batbot (Flat bread)
- Salaat Aljazar Walbarba (Carrot and beetroot dessert)
This menu caters to vegetarians and vegans. Allergens include: eggs, nuts, mustard, gluten, sesame, and celery . Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements!
We will also be selling our beautiful Migrateful aprons! You can purchase them when booking your ticket (pick it up at the event) or before the cookery class starts at the venue.
A message from our Chef Amanee:
“Hello! I am Amanee from Morocco. I am passionate about cooking and it has always been my dream to be a chef. I love sharing the wonderful flavours of Morocco with people new to them. We have so many delicious dishes. I am the oldest child in my family and I learnt to cook by helping my mother in the kitchen. She taught me how to make things from scratch – to make many types of bread for example. My mother always used fresh ingredients that she bought from the market each day. We lived near the sea and so cooked with a lot of fresh fish. I like our traditional food very much and the traditional methods. I love the sound of the pestle grinding spices in the mortar. We cook using our eyes and our hands, judging ingredients and quantities from experience and taste. Every Moroccan house has mint tea ready for their guests. I look forward to sharing mint tea with you.”
IN-PERSON CLASS COVID-19 POLICY UPDATE AS OF 10 DECEMBER 2021
In light of the recent developments in relation to the COVID Omicron variant, we will be implementing the following safety protocols for all our in-person classes, effective on 10 December 2021:
• All class attendees will be required to show their COVID Pass or provide a proof of negative lateral flow test.
- NHS COVID Pass – Find out how to get an NHS COVID Pass to share your vaccination details and test results
- Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result – Report your result after using a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test. Find out what your result means and what you must do.
• Wearing of masks is mandatory at all times except when eating, unless you are medically exempt.• General safety protocols are highly encouraged such as regular hand-washing, social distancing and use of hand sanitisers.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance as always.
Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot on a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
Please note, we only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.