Welcome to our family style cookery class !
This small-scale class for 12 participants is not socially distanced. For those seeking a Covid-secure cookery class, please see our online events.
This cookery class will be taught by the wonderful Iranian chef, Parastoo, at the Migrateful Cookery School in London.
This is a family style cookery class where we will collectively prepare 4 dishes. Chef Parastoo will divide the class into groups with each one responsible for creating 1 of the dishes. You are also free to move around during the class to learn about the other dishes. Chef Parastoo will recap each of the dishes throughout the evening and at the end of the class so that everyone can learn about all of the dishes. You will also be emailed the recipes after the class.
A sample menu of the dishes that will be taught include:
- Adas Polo (Meatballs with Spiced Rice and Lentils)
- Kashk-O Bademjan (Aubergine celebratory dish)
- Masto Khiar (Cucumber Yogurt Dip)
This menu is contains meat but is suitable for vegetarians. Allergens include: nuts, milk, sulphites, and gluten. Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements!
We will also be selling our beautiful Migrateful aprons! You can purchase them when booking your ticket (pick it up at the event) or before the cookery class starts at the venue.
A message from our Chef Parastoo:
“My name is Parastoo. I am from Iran. I grew up in the capital city Tehran, which is a very noisy and crowded city. When I think about Tehran I think of streets full of pastry shops filled with different types of savoury sweets, which is beautifully designed in a shiny see through containers. The creamy pistachio cakes are the most popular cones that people approach to first. In Iran food is very important, not only what we eat but the quality of what we eat is actually important. It’s a way to connect and socialise with each other. You could even find people in debt who choose to spend money on good food. Iranian food is very colourful and takes attention and time to prepare. Personally I love cooking because I think its a way to express my creativity, I grew up eating my mum’s food who is very creative and bold with her cooking. I feel proud when people ask my mum to cook for big celebrations, because they know she can manage to prepare the traditional and delicious dishes.”
IN-PERSON CLASS COVID-19 POLICY UPDATE AS OF 10 DECEMBER 2021
In light of the recent developments in relation to the COVID Omicron variant, we will be implementing the following safety protocols for all our in-person classes, effective on 10 December 2021:
• All class attendees will be required to show their COVID Pass or provide a proof of negative lateral flow test.
- NHS COVID Pass – Find out how to get an NHS COVID Pass to share your vaccination details and test results
- Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result – Report your result after using a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test. Find out what your result means and what you must do.
• Wearing of masks is mandatory at all times except when eating, unless you are medically exempt.
• General safety protocols are highly encouraged such as regular hand-washing, social distancing and use of hand sanitisers.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance as always.
Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot on a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
Please note, we only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.