Welcome to our family style cookery class!
This small-scale class for 12 participants is not socially distanced. For those seeking a Covid-secure cookery class, please see our events at our Peckham venue and online.
This cookery class will be taught by the wonderful Bengali chef Aklima at Holdspace in London.
This is a family style cookery class where we will collectively prepare 4 dishes. Chef Aklima will divide the class into groups with each one responsible for creating 1 of the dishes. You are also free to move around during the class to learn about the other dishes. Chef Aklima will recap each of the dishes throughout the evening and at the end of the class so that everyone can learn about all of the dishes. You will also be emailed the recipes after the class.
A sample menu of the dishes that will be taught include:
- Vegetable Biryani
- Chicken Curry with Green Pepper
- Sana Chat
This menu contains meat but can be catered to other dietary requirements. Allergens include: celery, mustard, and milk . Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements!
We will also be selling our beautiful Migrateful aprons! You can purchase them when booking your ticket (pick it up at the event) or before the cookery class starts at the venue.
A message from our Chef Aklima:
“Hello I’m Aklima Aktar, I’m from Bangladesh. I have a great passion for authentic cooking using fresh exotic blends of spices. I have years of experience in delivering food to suit all taste buds. I can cook from traditional clay pan to ceramic pan. If you are a food lover and want to go that extra mile to experience hands on cooking authentic traditional Bangladeshi food be sure to book a session with me and I promise you will not be disappointed.”
IN-PERSON CLASS COVID-19 POLICY UPDATE AS OF 10 DECEMBER 2021
In light of the recent developments in relation to the COVID Omicron variant, we will be implementing the following safety protocols for all our in-person classes, effective on 10 December 2021:
• All class attendees will be required to show their COVID Pass or provide a proof of negative lateral flow test.
- NHS COVID Pass – Find out how to get an NHS COVID Pass to share your vaccination details and test results
- Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result – Report your result after using a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test. Find out what your result means and what you must do.
• Wearing of masks is mandatory at all times except when eating, unless you are medically exempt.
• General safety protocols are highly encouraged such as regular hand-washing, social distancing and use of hand sanitisers.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance as always.
Payments made through Paypal can take up to 48 hours to have the order confirmed. To guarantee your spot on a cookery class we recommend using a debit or credit card.
Please note, we only process refunds and ticket transfers if we are notified 7 days before the class takes place.