Become our Senior Operations Manager
Apply your skills & experience to a full time London based role at a truly purposeful organisation
Do you have experience with people management and project management? Have you worked previously with Salesforce and are a strong communicator who has attention to detail?
Then you might be the ideal person to join Migrateful as our Senior Operations Manager!
It is vital to us that as we grow as an organisation, we continue to honor the people behind the mission with the team and resources we dedicate to supporting them. Strong and reliable HR, policies & procedures and strategy design & implementation is essential for ensuring this. As well as the Migrateful family, our operations are powered by the systems that we use and we see their smooth running and optimization as crucial to our present and future. We cannot guarantee this without robust systems maintenance and improvement.
Contract: Permanent, full-time, 5 days a week
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 pro rata per annum
Location: 3 days/w in the office (EC1R 0NE), 2 days/w remote
Deadline: 18th Jan 2023
Starting Date: ASAP
Migrateful is a social enterprise, where asylum seekers, refugees and migrants struggling to access employment in the UK due to legal and linguistic barriers, teach their traditional cuisines to the public. This role is open to everyone, and we are particularly interested to hear from people from refugee and asylum-seeking backgrounds.
List of Responsibilities:
- Strategy Design and Implementation: working with the senior management to oversee that the operations team are meeting their targets. Tracking projects and reporting on progress.
- Systems Maintenance: Ensuring operations back-end is maintained and up to date. Supporting and training the staff team to use and maintain Salesforce systems, and being point-of-contact with Salesforce Consultant. Troubleshooting operational issues with the Operations Team, bringing in support from other teams and senior management when appropriate.
- Systems Improvements: Working with the Operations Team & Marketing & Sales Manager to prioritise, guide and design appropriate systems improvements. This may include the bookings process, Salesforce, T&Cs, volunteer management strategy, etc.
- Policies and Procedures: Overseeing risk assessments and processing incident reports. Reviewing external contracts and agreements. Ensuring the organisation’s policies and procedures are adhered to for all areas of the charity, including but not limited to safeguarding; financial; health and safety and employee-related.
- HR: Liaising with external HR providers when required. Overseeing contracts for new staff and right-to-work checks. Oversee HR management system. Working on staff culture/well-being improvements.
Direct reports: Public Bookings Coordinator, Corporate Operations Officer, Cookery School Coordinator, Operations Administrator
What we are Looking for in a Candidate:
We have some key traits that we are looking for as well as some which would are not essential but would be useful:
- People Management/ leadership experience
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Project management experience
- Excel proficiency
- Attention to details
- Proficient communicator
- Experience in a previous operations manager role
- Experience working in a social enterprise
- Events management experience
- HR Knowledge
- Salesforce Administrator
As well as a range of benefits including office laptop, monthly staff socials and flexible hours, employees joining between October 22 and March 23 will be eligible for a one-off cost of living support payment
Applying for the Position
- Application Deadline: Wednesday 18th January 2023
- Interview date: Ongoing
- Start date: As soon as possible
- How to apply: Please click ‘Apply Here’ below and complete the form. You will be asked to upload a CV & cover letter and to send a 1-2 minute video explaining why you’re the right person for this role to email@example.com