Join our team in making a difference to the lives of refugees and migrants through the power of food!
The Marketing & Growth Manager will help to grow the social enterprise, focusing on developing our marketing and sales strategy. We are looking for someone with creative flair who will be excited to expand our audience and help to replicate the Migrateful model in other locations in the UK and beyond.
Contract: 4-5 days a week depending on preference, permanent contract
Salary: £25,000 – 35,000 depending on experience
Reporting to: the CEO
Closing date for applications: Midnight Wednesday 6th October
Interview dates: Monday 11th October
Start date: asap
How to apply: Please send cover letter, CV and a 2 minute video (introducing yourself and explaining why you would be suited to this role) to email@example.com
We are looking for a passionate and highly organised person to join our events team. This role will involve responding to customer enquiries, hand coordinating our chefs and Events team to deliver successful events. We welcome applications from all underrepresented groups, in particular applicants from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
Contract: 5 days a week, permanent contract
Reporting to: Events Manager
Closing date for applications: Midnight 15th October 2021
Start date: asap
How to apply: Please send cover letter, CV and a 2 minute video (introducing yourself and explaining why you would be suited to this role) to Andrea via Andrea@migrateful.org
Migrateful are currently training 7 chefs in Kent and 2 in Brighton who will then begin teaching their cookery classes to the public in September. We are looking for facilitators to regularly run the cookery classes and support the chefs and class participants. There will be 2 facilitator training dates in August – 1 near Tunbridge Wells and 1 in London.
The facilitator role mainly consists of supporting the chef, managing volunteers and interacting with the participants during an in-person class. The facilitator is the bridge between the participants and the chef, but is also responsible for setting up the stations for the cookery classes and managing volunteers before, during and after the class has taken place. And most importantly, the facilitator role is about ensuring that the classes run smoothly and that participants, volunteers and chefs have fun and enjoy the experience!
Migrateful’s mission is to challenge negative perceptions of migration through contact theory. The facilitator plays a key role in supporting meaningful and positive exchange in our classes in order to achieve this objective.
- Comfortable public speaking and hosting
- Support Migrateful’s mission
- Has strong interpersonal and social skills
- Takes initiative and is good at troubleshooting (e.g. spillages, missing ingredients)
- Deals well and stays calm with stressful situations
- Has the right to work and able to be self-employed
- Lives in or near Canterbury, Margate or Brighton
- We particularly welcome applicants from people with refugee or migrant backgrounds.
- Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2 Qualification
- First Aid Training
- DBS check
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults, in particular from refugee backgrounds.
- People with experience of cookery classes
- A car (some venues only)
The role involves:
- Being available for at least 1 class per week (usually from 4pm-10pm). Some classes also take place at lunchtime and weekends.
- Taking equipment to classes (for some venues only; transit expenses paid)
- Buying ingredients for classes on the day (for some venues only)
- Setting up cooking stations and equipment for the class
- Welcoming participants and creating a warm, friendly atmosphere
- Introducing and explaining Migrateful to participants
- Interacting with participants and supporting them to have a great time
- Supporting the chef throughout the class and managing the volunteers
- Clearing up the space and leaving the venue clean and tidy
- Cleaning the equipment and cutlery/crockery so it is ready to use for the next class
- Giving feedback on the class
- Responding promptly to requests from Operations Manager for you to facilitate at classes
- Supporting the mission of Migrateful. Getting to know our amazing chefs and supporting them in their Migrateful journey.
- Getting to eat delicious home-cooked food from around the world.
- Real Living Wage for your hours, currently £9.50/h (not including travel time) e.g. £57 for a 4-10pm class.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short video introducing yourself and why you would make a great Migrateful Class Facilitator.