There are two ways to enjoy a Migrateful cookery class:
1. Book onto one of our open classes
- £35 per person (+ £3.32 booking fee)
- Taking place several times a week at venues across London.
- Find all our upcoming classes here.
2. Request a private class with any of our chefs for your team, friends or family
- £45 per person
- Minimum 8 participants or £360 starting price
- We can run the cookery class in your office building or home. We bring portable stoves, pans and kitchen utensils so we only need a sink and plug sockets for you.
- If your home or office is not suitable, you can request the class to be hosted at one of our partnering venues across London, for an additional hire fee starting at £125. Venues are located in Oxford Circus, Dalston, Brixton, Elephant and Castle, Kennington and London Fields, and can host classes up to 75 participants.
If you are a charity or social enterprise please email firstname.lastname@example.org as you may be eligible for a discount.
What to expect
Classes normally take place in the evening from 6.30 – 9pm including a shared dinner. One class is designed for 8-12 participants. If you are looking to organise a private class for a larger group, we can run several classes simultaneously, this allows for good contact time between each participant and the chef and gives everyone the chance to choose between a couple of different cuisines.
During a Migrateful cookery classes you will work with the group to prepare three or more dishes to be served family-style. Some dishes are prepared by the chef and demonstrated to you, while some dishes will have you preparing it from beginning to end, all while learning our chef’s authentic techniques from their home country.
Customers have reported: “It is an absolutely fantastic way to spend time with friends, meet new people, and learn about a culture and cooking in a cosy, well-equipped, fun and safe setting.”
Another told us the class was “…an enriching way to spend an evening. Cooking and eating with new people, talking and learning about other lives, cuisines and cultures.”
Our classes appeal to those interested in learning international recipes, practising a different language and in meeting new people for a cultural exchange in an intimate setting, as well as to those wishing to support migrants and refugees struggling to rebuild their lives.
Migrateful’s classes offer much more than just a cookery lesson. Migrateful offers a novel experience, with an added “feel-good factor,” knowing you are benefiting those in need. It’s a chance to make a new friendship with the chef and to give them an opportunity to share their story in a setting where they feel empowered, cared for and supported. The facilitation of this friendship is extremely valuable to both chef and customer and unlikely to happen otherwise in the midst of busy city life.